lunes, 4 de enero de 2010

Sleep or Read

Yesterday I woke up at 5h00. Just then the praying on the city speakers started. Impossible to catch up the sleep.
I thought about some training, but then I decided to start with a new book. El llano en Llamas was done, and part of my day had gone on deciding which was to be the next one.
It was already decided. Vivir para Contarla was the chosen one. Until 5h00 am. And some praying. Then Faust popped up, and, somehow, It seemed to be a very logical choice.
I never thought about reading Goethe before. I do not read theater. I do not read at 5h00 (well, that´s not really true. sometimes, back home from a party, the alcohol hits in a strange way...). But there I was. Still night. No electricity in the house. Holding my lintern whilst going through Faust´s thoughts.
And now I have to go till the end. I must now what happens to him. And I cannot wait until another early wake up.
At some point of time, I might tell what do I think about think about him. May be also say something about Wagner. Probably nothing about God.
And I do not even know If Goethe fits into the criteria. He is dead. Sure. Was he also an alcoholic?
What music to listen to whilst reading this? don´t be to obvious in the answer to this question

4 comentarios:

  1. My philosophy and history teacher at high school was crazy about Goethe. Goethe here, Goethe there... he was also obsessed with the Holocaust.

    We spent basically two years analysing literature about the Holocaust and a lot of time on Goethe as well.

    It's funny how that had the opposite effect on me: I can't stand Goethe now, but I loved the Holocaust analysis and all philosophical implications around that event.

    Anyway, hope you are doing fine, keep writing!!! and yes Happy 2010!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Goethe, The Holocaust, sleepless in Kabul at 5am, prayings and Gods shouting through your windows... and you still want to add more Noise (Music) to the picture... to your stage.

    I guess you want something up to the deepness of the situation - up and deep... I guess we could come up with some quick easy brainless jokes out of this.

    Even though I would always look for something simple to balance out the whole stage that you are putting together, this time I would suggest one of the best albums ever: OMEGA. A project between Largatija Nick (Punk) and Enrique Morentes (Flamenco). Lyrics from Federico Garcia Lorca's "Poeta en Nueva York" and Leonard Cohen.

    You might end up renewing your pact with the Devil ;) Send him my Regards!


    Heiwa

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Guys, your comments are much better than my blog. From now on,I will just bring a topic for discussion :-)

    No need for renewal. Pact is done. Ponle también banda sonora: Mi amigo Satán (de Sabina cuando era cantante).

    Luca, new Radiohead coming, I am ready to invest one of my long weekends wherever they play!!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. FELIZ AÑO NUEVO!!
    Hoy voy a ser yo la que te saque sobre, todo a ti, de las profundidades del oceano. Bucear esta muy bien pero tambien hay que salir a la superficie para coger más aire. Aqui estamos mucha gente que queremos ver a un Ruben sin branquias de vez en cuando.
    Hoy, para los que estamos en casa, empieza un nuevo año de normalidad, esperemos que sin lugar a dudas sea mejor que el pasado, asi lo esperamos con ilusión, manteniendo fuerte la alegria de vivir que espero seamos capaces de transmitirte en este año tan especia,
    por ello de nuevo FELIZ AÑO NUEVO!

    ResponderEliminar